Finally, back to my blog. After a period of hard work and getting sh*t done, I am here. Graduated. Happy. Looking back at a period of time where I have learned a lot about the creative business. As you might know, I had my internship at Beekwilder, a company which provides products and presentations in Visual Merchandising. Although I am studying Interior Design, I was ready for a new challenge; to broad my horizon. To be honest, it was hard but double worth my time.
The last part of graduating for Interior Design was having an internship and completing the last assignment / exam. It is likely to examine in Interior Design, but I preferred the combination of interior design and visual merchandising, e.a. designing a space for mannequins or designing a part of the shop.
During a meeting with my supervisor, she explained that Beekwilder wants to move two functions with spaces inside the building; there has to come a complete office for the Accountant team and the Beekwilder Inside Academy (BIA, Workshops) has to move to another space; although we have lot of spaces inside the building, to create a new space for the BIA is a challenge itself. Before starting the design process, there are a few requirements which I have to add in the whole process [ From design to outcome ]
- 10 Trinity frames include trinity tables where the students can build their presentations
- Enough space for storage: presentation and decoration materials
- Object for fasteners (cable, hooks, chains, small fasteners) which can be moved too
- Working space
- All of the materials and furniture has to be from the Beekwilder assortment
- DIY to reduce costs
- Decoration with communication
- Space for presentation: 15 chairs + tables | 23 chairs | Projector + screen
- Storage for props | Storage for paperwork + desk laptop
….And more requirements during the project itself came along. My job was to turn a chosen space into a space especially for the Beekwilder Inside Academy. A space which has to be functionally and fun to work at! For this post, I will post the photos in details to get an idea of the space. Note: This space is not done yet, they still have to do a couple of small things, such as decoration and placing panels inside the Trinity frames, which has the function of a basic background.